Stay up to date with Chattacon News!
CHATTACON 47 ART SHOW and PRINT SHOP RULES
JANUARY 14 – 16, 2022
- The art show will be in the Inspiration Room of the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel. Artist check-in will be Friday 2:00 – 5:00 pm. The show will open Friday 5:00 pm. – 10:00 pm., Saturday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm, and Sunday 10:00 am. – 1:00 pm. Artist check-out will be from 2:00 pm. – 4:00 pm. Sunday. Tear down of the Art Show will begin promptly at 4:00 pm. Any work remaining in the room at this time will be moved by the art show staff to facilitate tear down.
- Chattacon is proud to feature Amanda Makepeace as Artist Guest of Honor. Chattacon’s Literary Guest of Honor is M.D Cooper, and our Special Guest is Brian Cooksey. Works inspired by their universes are encouraged. All art must be of the Science Fiction, Fantasy, Science, or Comic related themes. We reserve the right to refuse to display any artwork or prints at the sole discretion of the Art Show Director. Works that are judged to be libelous, plagiaristic, obscene or detrimental to known persons and/or to well-known or trademarked characters will not be permitted in the Art Show.
- In addition to the Art Show gallery, Chattacon offers a Print Shop. Due to space limitations, where possible, your Print Shop Table will be located with your panels. Unfortunately, the Art Show does not feature an artist alley at this time.
- Art Show space and fees. Panels are limited to a maximum of 4 4’x4’ panels, tables to 1 full table.
- Fees are:
- $16.00 per 4’x4′ panel
- $8.00 per half table (3’), and
- $16.00 per full table (6’)
Please reserve space early to insure you receive the space you require. The Print Shop fee is $10.00 per artist. Reservations will be handled on a first come first served basis, fee required with reservations. Fees may be paid via PayPal, as well as check, money order, or cash (cash at the con please). In case of cancellation, money will be refunded only if your space is resold. No commission will be charged.
- Agents, please have (send) letters of authorization.
- All flat art must be matted, mounted, framed, or otherwise finished in a way suitable for hanging to ensure that the artwork is undamaged during display.
- All Art Show entries shall have affixed to it, in the form of a bid sheet, the following information: 1) Title, 2) Artist Name, 3) Medium, 4) Minimum bid or Not for Sale (NFS), 5) Direct Sale Price (if desired), 6) After auction price (if desired), and 7) professional or amateur status. Please be sure to include Title, and Artist on the back of the piece independent of the bid sheet. Print Shop entries must have 1) Title, 2) Artist, and 3) price somewhere on the print or its packaging. This information will also appear on the Control Sheet(s). Each artist will receive a copy of the Control Sheet upon checking out.
- Chattacon accepts mail-in art. Please be sure that any art sent is postmarked no later than seven (7) days prior to the convention (January 7, 2022). In addition to the entry fee, it is required that funds be sent to cover return shipping and insurance. Please make this a separate check from the entry fee. This will enable us to simply mail back shipping moneys if all your art sells. Please include an inventory list, to enable us to be sure all the art you meant to send is there. A signed copy of the rules must be sent either in advance or with the art. Please be sure your art fits in the space you bought and please allow room for the bid sheets. If there is too much art for your space, the art show staff will decide which to hang and which not to hang. Your art will be well cared for, but Chattacon cannot be held responsible for art lost or damaged in shipping. Please send art in secure packaging, as the same package will be used to return any unsold items. Mail art to Chattacon 43 Art Show, c/o Ann Robards, 7201 Cane Hollow Rd., Hixson, TN 37343.
- Control and bid sheets are computer generated. Participating artists/agents will be emailed instructions on how to enter their information via the internet. To facilitate check-in please do this prior to the show. Realizing that things happen and change may be necessary, it will be possible to edit your entries at the show.
- Once entered in the show, no piece may be withdrawn before the close of the show, nor may the conditions of sale (amount of minimum bid, NFS status, etc.) be changed without the approval of the Art Show Director.
- We are not responsible for theft or damage to pieces displayed. We do not provide insurance coverage for art entered in the show. While we make a reasonable attempt to protect your art, we recommend you verify that your insurance coverage extends to display in the show.
- Artists/agents will be paid at the convention. All payments will be made to the artist unless instructed otherwise in writing by the artist. Agents please have letters of authorization.
- Sale of Artwork – Any item with no bids may be purchased out right for the direct sale price if there are no bids on the item. As soon as one (1) bid is made, it can no longer be purchased at the direct sale price. It must be bid upon. Chattacon will hold a Silent Auction. The highest written bid at the close of the Silent Auction, (7:00 pm Saturday) purchases the piece. Any items with no bids at the close of the Auction may be purchased Sunday at the After Auction price.
- SALES TAX will be collected from the buyer and Chattacon will remit the sales tax to the State of Tennessee.
- No food, drink, smoking, or picture taking (except by approved media or Chattacon staff) will be allowed in the Art Show room.
- A variety of awards will be awarded in the professional and amateur divisions. For purposes of judging only, semi-professionals will be considered in the professional division.
- A signed copy of the rules must be returned by all artists/agents as an indication that they have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules governing Chattacon’s display and sale of their work.
- Artists/agents with questions should contact Ann Robards at 7201 Cane Hollow Rd., Hixson, TN 37343, e-mail -email@example.com,. Call or text (423) 208-0369. Email or text preferred.