Things You Don’t Want To Hear (…but they make us tell you anyway)
1. You must wear your convention badge at all times to be admitted to any convention function. In other words, Yes, you have to wear your stinkin’ badge!
2. Food and Beverages will not be permitted out of the Consuite. Possession of alcoholic beverages by a minor or anyone under 21 years old is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund. Chattacon security members, committee members and uniformed officers may require you to furnish acceptable legal identification at any time. Do not leave it in your room.
3. Please keep all behavior that polite fans would find offensive in public where it belongs — in your room.
4. Cameras (including camera phones) are not permitted in the Art Show or Print Shop.
5. We can offer sympathy, but Chattacon is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
6. Programmed events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice.
7. We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your registration fee if you are behaving like a jerk.
8. Please adhere to our weapons policy. NO functioning projectile weapons; this includes water pistols, silly-string guns and ping pong pistols. Permitted weapons must be sheathed and peace-bonded at all times. No clowning around or showing off in the commons areas. Any weapon used in an offensive manner (check your OED for definition of offensive) will be confiscated and rule #7 enforced. We expect you to use good judgment.
9. Con security, hotel security and local law enforcement officials will treat anything that looks like a real gun as a real gun. We do not post bail. Read rules 7 and 8 again.
10. NO CAMPING IN THE HALLS OR LOBBY! If you are found sleeping in the public areas, you will be asked to go to your hotel room. If you do not have a room, security will be forced to ask you to leave.
11. Please do not eat the hotel. We’d like to do this again.
12. Costumers: Remember that no costume is NO costume and there are public nudity laws in Tennessee. Please wear appropriate clothing in the common areas.
13. There is no rule #13. Never was. Move along.
14. The Fire Marshall has asked us to point out that improperly or falsely marked nuclear waste or explosive containers are a felony and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Guantanamo is unpleasant at any time of year. See rules 7 and 8 again.
15. Pursuant to Tennessee Law, smoking is unlawful in all enclosed areas and within 50 feet of any door, window or vent. Yes, this means, if you smoke, you must do so outside, and only within clearly marked smoking areas. No one under 21 may enter any area where smoking
16. Harassment is not acceptable behavior. Do you really have to ask? Okay, harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of any event, inappropriate physical contact, or unwelcomed sexual attention. What’s going to happen? Refer back to Rule #7. If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a Committee member immediately.